quinta-feira, 6 de agosto de 2009

G.A.Cohen, 1941-2009

Com a morte do G.A.Cohen - All Souls College,Oxford - autor dos classicos "Karl Marx's Theory of History: A Defence" e "If you're an egalitarian how come you're so rich?" perde-se um grande filosofo e importante expoente do chamado Marxismo Analitico. Realmente, uma grande perda...


" I am very saddened to learn the news that Jerry Cohen has passed away.

Last year Jerry retired from the Chichele Professor of Social and Political Theory at Oxford University, a post he held since 1985. While I was never a student of Jerry's, the frequent occasions I did have the opportunity to get to know him always confirmed his reputation as a caring, generous, humorous man that possessed a razor sharp analytic mind. He profoundly influenced contemporary political philosophy. Here I wish to reflect a little on the ways in which Jerry has influenced me."

Para ler o resto do texto do Farrelly clique aqui